Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am SO angry - Why on earth can't I collect my package from UPS???

"I will never buy anything from you again because of your policy that stops customers from collecting their packages from UPS. I've never before been told by UPS that a retailer wouldn't let me pick up a package".

Sounds like some mis-communication from UPS, unfortunately.

We absolutely DO allow customers to collect their orders from UPS, if they are unable to be at home to receive a delivery!!

The procedure is as follows; when you have missed the first UPS delivery attempt, please contact our customer service department by 'phone or email - or if you prefer, you can email me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

We will then arrange a brief ID verification procedure and you'll be good to go!

I have been told so many times that our policy doesn't make any sense, and that it can't possibly help in unauthorized collection of goods by fraudsters that I'd almost believe it - if the facts didn't tell me otherwise.
At the end of the day, if we have to cover the cost of theft - because that is what was happening before we introduced this procedure - we have 2 choices: to put up our prices or to get rid of some of our staff!
Well, the latter suggestion doesn't sound like a good one to me, and the first one? Well, our honest customers would certainly have something to complain about if they were being penalized because our security procedures weren't as good as they could be.........

As is the way when there are two or more competing retailers in the same area, customers frequently hold up "the other" as better / more flexible / more reasonable etc - but as it says on the website of another very large photographic retailer in NYC: "Packages can not be rerouted or picked up from UPS".

Our policies may often seem silly and irritating; and sometimes we get it wrong.

The best thing to do if you are unhappy with one of our policies or procedures is to contact me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com, and let us know what we could be doing better. We’re always happy to listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment