Simon says: "Welcome to my Blog!"


Simon says: "Welcome to my Blog!"

Even if you've been following me for a while, you know I post here about Israel's incredible flora and fauna, tours I've led & places I've explored all around Israel - but that doesn't tell you much about the person behind the lens. So here's my story. 👇

I grew up in North London, the middle child between an older sister & younger brother. Frequent family holidays to Israel planted a seed: one day, I'd make this extraordinary country my home.

That dream took a while to come true!

After school, I spent a year here on a kibbutz - & digging into history on an archaeological site. Then I headed to the US for a summer as a camp counsellor with troubled teens, & then back to the UK for a History degree at Leeds University.

I built a solid career in Facilities Management, leading support teams in pharmaceutical companies, & corporate finance.....but Israel kept calling.

In 2006, I finally made the leap with my wife & two kids.

The first 18 months? Filming commercials for Israeli TV (a fun detour!). Then I returned to Facilities Management for 13 years, serving global tech giants Cisco & Intel.

But in 2020, I turned my passion into my profession; I took the licensed tour guide course & qualified in 2021.

I haven't looked back. Now I get to share this amazing country with people like you.....every single day.

Today, I live in Zichron Ya'acov with my wife, our cat & a very noisy flock of 12 chickens. I guide all over Israel, & when I'm not guiding, you'll find me:

🌿 Exploring hidden corners of the country with my wife
🌱 Gardening
💃 Dancing (Latin & ballroom - ask me about my salsa!)
📖 Reading about Israeli history
🏆 Cheering on any sport going

What matters to me on a tour?

Creating memories that last; I want you to leave with stories, not just photos. Not just facts, but feelings.
📜 Context that brings it to life. From pre-history through biblical kings to modern-day Israel, I bring the full story so everything makes sense.
🌍 A taste of Israel's incredible variety - Cultures, communities, landscapes; every tour is fresh and eye-opening.
🎯 A tour built around your interests: Every itinerary is custom-built for you.

Don't just take my word for it - see what my clients say:
🛄 TripAdvisor reviews: https://shorturl.at/aIR47
Google Reviews: https://g.page/r/CRpU82ZCQ_-qEBE/review

Explore my standard tours: https://imagineisrael-tours.com

See snapshots of tours I've led - and places I've discovered on my own: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1174594773421264

📩 Message me to start planning your tour: imagineisraelenquiries@gmail.com


I can't wait to show you my Israel. 🇮🇱
 

Comments